Thursday, April 21, 2011

Holy Thursday ~ Jueves Santo

I absolutely love the Easter Triduum. I feel they're the most beautiful liturgies of the year, and I took pictures tonight to share with y'all ^_^

During Lent, all the statues are veiled in our church.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
You can also see the empty Tabernacle in this pic.

The lector reading Exodus 12:1-8,11-14 
Photobucket


Fr Wayne proclaiming the Gospel (Jn 13:1-15)
Photobucket

In his Homily, Fr Wayne talked about how the story of the Washing of the Feet is not only about humbling ourselves to serve others (which is HUGE in itself), but also Jesus' institution of the Sacrament of Reconciliation (we have been bathed by Baptism, but we are still sinners, so we're "clean, but not all") and Pope Benedict's recently published reflections on the subject. So, in the Catholic Church, Holy Thursday celebrates both the institution of the Eucharist and the institution of Reconciliation by Jesus; I did not know that. I <3 a homily where I learn something new! :D
Photobucket

Following the Homily, we had the Washing of the Feet, during which we sang "The Servant Song" and ""Pequé, Pequé." It's such a beautiful tradition!
Photobucket

At the end of Mass, we chanted the Tantum Ergo as the Eucharist was processed out to the altar of repose for Adoration. My camera battery died, so I didn't get any pictures of the procession or the altar. *sigh* It was so beautiful it brought tears to my eyes.

No comments: