Saturday, April 30, 2011

Little Sisters of the Poor French Food Festival

Photobucket

Tonight I had dinner at the Little Sisters of the Poor's French Food Festival. I ran into Sr Joseph Marie, and we talked about a girl in my church's youth group who's interested in the order. Of course I ate tasty, tasty noms. Also did some shopping for Mother's Day and B's B-day at the Sisters' booth, where they were selling things like pot holders, bags, bibs, and dishtowels, all handmade by the Sisters and residents. Other booths had homemade jams and jellies, desserts, wines, and food. Plus there was a whole area for kids with face painting, a moon bounce, and other fun stuffs! Next year I'll have to get my family to come along! ^_^

Sr Joseph Marie, sporting a lovely festival hat ^_~
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My dinner -- salmon and spinach in a lobster sauce. Delicious! There was wine, too, but it was too dry for my taste so I only had a few sips :P
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Little girls playing around the statue of St. Jeanne Jugan
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Information about the Little Sisters, who have their mother house in France:
Photobucket

The Sisters' booth
Photobucket

Photobucket

A doll dressed up like a Sister
Photobucket

Fr. and two volunteers talking in front of the St Joseph's Home
Photobucket

A grotto dedicated to Our Lady
Photobucket

Photobucket

Not sure who this is; it might be St. Jeanne
Photobucket

Sacred Heart of Jesus
Photobucket

Jeanne Jugan
Photobucket

Bidding the Sisters good-bye
Photobucket

No comments: