Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Sunday

I stepped outside this morning to see that my lilies had bloomed in the night! Perfect timing, little flowers! :D
Photobucket

The Mass for Easter Sunday is pretty similar to Mass every Sunday, except instead of the Profession of Faith, we have the renewal of Baptismal vows and sprinkling with Holy Water (for the folks who weren't at the Vigil last night). Aaand the best part of Easter Sunday Mass is that Mom and Amber usually come with me! Except this year B didn't come; it was just Mom and me :'(

Anyways, on to the pictures!

Folks all did up in their Sunday best ^_^
Photobucket

The sprinkling with Holy Water. And I just have to say that Fr Peter is not stingy with the water at all! He made sure everyone got a drop on them, and some of us got quite a bit more! lol
Photobucket

Father mixing the water and wine before the Consecration of the Eucharist
Photobucket
Photobucket

And the procession following the Dismissal.
Photobucket
Photobucket

And after Mass we talked a bit with Niel-Ann, my good friend and old Sunday School teacher, and then I ran around taking random pictures:
Photobucket
Look! Little basket birdies! ^_^

Photobucket
I <3 seeing my church decorated all purdy!

Photobucket
Mom waiting for me to stop running around like a fool. Isn't she pretty? I was dressed up, too, but there's no evidence! Haha!

Photobucket
Little statue of the Mother Mary outside the Sunday School building

Photobucket
The Virgin Mary and St. Joseph on either side of the cross

Photobucket
Ever since reading Infinite Space, Infinite God II I absolutely LOVE statues of the Virgin Mary that show her crushing the serpent! *g*

Photobucket
And what is it about Southerners and gathering on porches? ^_~

Almost forgot to mention that we sang two of my very favorite hymns during Mass!
"How Can I Keep from Singing?" and "Lord of the Dance" (the latter is such a hippie-dippie folk song, and that's why I LOVE it lol).

No comments: